The Sandalwood is a seven bedroom Guest House located in the quieter North Shore area of Blackpool.
The property was built in the early 1900's and the typical features of the time cause access to areas difficult for people with mobility issues. Rooms are on two floors and accessed by differing number of stairs. Please note that there are no guest rooms on the ground floor.
The Sandalwood is located just off the promenade:
- First right off Warley Road into Gynn Avenue
- Bus and tram stops are a short distance away on the promenade
- Bus stops also run along Dickson Road, runs to the rear of Gynn Avenue
- Blackpool North Railway Station is the nearest train station (approx 1 mile away)
- Several local taxi companies are available – some have disabled access
- There are various shops, take-aways and restaurants nearby – some with ATMs
- Surgery and phamacy available locally
- Contact with The Sandalwood can be made by mail, telephone or email
Check-in time is between 3pm-6pm. We respectfully request that guests do not arrive before 3pm to enable rooms to be serviced ready for new arrivals. Early check-in can be made on occasion by prior arrangement.
If you anticipate the you will be arriving late, please contact us with your expected time of arrival.
- Parking is on road parking where no restrictions exist or a nearby pay & display car park
- We have a small secure car park at the rear but space cannot be guaranteed
Entrance into The Sandalwood
Access is via three steps into the front porch. The outer front door is kept open throughout the day (closed at 11pm) and the inner door has a key pad for guests' security (access code is changed daily).
- Door bells are on the exterior and inner doors
- A bell for assistance is located in the hallway next to the payphone
- A door off the hallway leads to the dining room
All stairways and landings are carpeted and well lit.
The dining room is accessed through the hallway.
- Breakfast (and Evening Meals subject to availability and prebooking) are served in the Dining Room, which seats up to 14 guests
- We do not allow food to be taken into the bedrooms, but we are happy for take-aways to be eaten in the Dining Room on request
- Soft drinks, plus tea/coffee on sale
- Snacks can also be ordered (i.e. toasties, paninis, sandwiches, etc.)
STAIRWAY TO GUEST ROOMS
The first floor is accessed by 14 stairs.
- To the left, through a fire door is ROOM 5 (single room) and ROOM 6 (double room) plus a separate toilet and shower room
- To the right, is one step leading towards the front of the building. Facing you is ROOM 1 and to the right is ROOM 2.
STAIRCASE TO SECOND FLOOR
A further 11 stairs takes you to the second floor.
- ROOM 10 and ROOM 11 are to the left, up four stairs and through a fire door
- To the right and up four stairs is ROOM 7 and ROOM 8
All bedrooms are ensuite and include the following additional facilities:
- Colour television
- Tea/coffee making facilities
- Towels during your stay
- Radio alarm clock
ROOM 2: King bed with access both sides, sofa and tub chair. En suite with shower cubicle, wash basin and saniflow toilet.
ROOM 5: Single bed with access one side. One step up into en suite (bath with shower, toilet, wash basin).
ROOM 6: Double bed with access both sides. En suite with shower cubicle, toilet and wash basin.
ROOM 7: Twin single beds each with access one side. En suite with shower cubicle, toilet and wash basin.
ROOM 8: Double bed with access both sides. En suite with shower cubicle, toilet and wash basin.
ROOM 10: Double bed with access both sides. En suite with shower cubicle, toilet and wash basin.
ROOM 11: King bed with access both sides and single bed with access one side. En suite with shower cubicle, toilet and wash basin.
The guest house is serviced by L2 fire alarm system and emergency lighting.
Fire notices on all bedroom doors with evacuation procedures outlined.
Information pack in all bedrooms - take a few minutes to familiarise yourself with surroundings.
Hair dryers available on request.
Special diets can be catered for when mentioned on booking.
Smoking forbidden inside but permitted outside the front of the building - bin provided for disposable of cigarette ends.
This is a raised area with a table and chairs. Flower tubs and planting.
THE SANDALWOOD, 3 GYNN AVENUE, BLACKPOOL, LANCASHIRE, FY1 2LD
TELEPHONE: 01253 351795